We are committed to providing continuity of education for our students in the event of an extended school closure. While such situations are inevitably highly varied in their causes and ramifications, we will endeavour to provide continued learning for our students during any period of closure.
In the event of a school closure we will provide all pupils with a Chromebook or iPad to enable them to continue their learning from home. Work will be set on either ClassDojo or Google Classroom, with the aim of achieving as normal a school day as possible.
If a family is not actively engaging with the online work, the class teacher will contact by telephone to offer advice and details around how to collect a paper pack (if appropriate).
Expectations of Students
Assuming they are well enough to work, students are expected to:
- Complete all work set for them.
- Submit work which is requested for feedback promptly.
- Check ClassDojo / Google Classroom regularly and read and respond to communication from the school.
- Ensure that their school Chromebook is at home with them and is fully charged at the start of each day. Where students experience problems with IT systems they should proactively inform the school admin team.
- Children will respond to the teacher through ClassDojo or Google Classroom. Note – this must only be about work related activities.
Expectations of Staff
Assuming they are well enough to work, staff are expected to:
- Ensure that a timetable is set at the start of each week to cover the calendar week ahead, and that tasks are made available to students via electronic means to allow them to carry out this work at home throughout the week.
- To be familiar with the use of ClassDojo, Google Classroom and Google Meet, and to be available online through Meet to liaise with other members of the school team.
- To set, assess and return work to students promptly by electronic means.
- Staff will respond to communication from parents and children only during working hours – 9:00am until 5:00pm