We are extremely lucky to have the support of the ‘Friends of Easington CE Primary Academy’. This dedicated team work tirelessly to raise funds for the school, and put in many hours organising fun activities for both our pupils and the wider community. Below are just a few examples of the great work carried out by our Friends of School over the years:
- Our last pre-covid Christmas Fair 2019 raised a staggering £2434.51, proving that we really are a small school with a big heart.
- Christmas pantomime visits for the whole school.
- A selection box for every child on the last day of term.
- Easter discos including snacks and drinks for each child.
- Community coffee morning raising £367.80.
- The purchase of £800 worth of playground equipment for our EYFS unit.
- Successful application to the Adsa Foundation “Getting Schools Back on Track” grant, raising £300 for the school.
- Secured £1000 from the Tesco (Withernsea) blue token scheme in 2020, which was put towards the purchase of comfy new seat pods for our reading for pleasure areas.
- Supplied wonderful customised hoodies for our 2021 Year 6 leavers.
- Made yet another successful bid was made in October 2021, this time to the Asda “Bringing Communities Back Together” grant. The school were awarded a massive £525.00 which is to be put towards breakfast bars for all the children.
- Applied for and won second place in the Asda Green Token Scheme in NOvember 2021, netting another £200 for the school.
- Liaised with Perenco regarding a generous donation to help towards play equipment and breakfast bars.
- Secured even more funding through Asda’s December 2021 ‘Run 4 All’ campaign, enabling the purchase of £1045 worth of outdoor sports equipment for the school playground.
- Relationships built with local company Gassco, who very kindly donated a large order of breakfast bars.
- Mr & Mrs Rogers kindly donated £100 they received from Easington Church for the use of their field during the Live Nativity.
Register with Easy Fundraising to help us raise funds every time you shop online. It costs you nothing but makes a huge difference to us.
Articles from Easington Community Newsletter
The Friends can be contacted via email – FOSEasingtonAcademy@gmail.com
They also have a Facebook group – ‘Friends of Easington CE Primary Academy’
Registered charity number – 1065419
Address – C/o Easington Primary Academy, High Street, Easington, HU12 0TS
Members – Kathryn Rogers (Chairperson), Kerry Fletcher (Treasurer), Amber Richards (Secretary), Claire Swain (Trustee), Emma Leighton (Trustee)